To apply for medical assistance, please complete the form below. The Santa Fe Community Foundation will respond to inquiries regarding application for emergency medical funds.
The following criteria will be used to determine eligibility:
- Funds available to visual artists working in 2D or 3D mediums who have earned at least 50% of their total income for the last five years from their art form. Funds are not available to artists whose primary body of work relies on digital media, video or photography.
- Have had at least one one-person exhibit in a commercial gallery or museum in the last five years.
- Have no health insurance or have insufficient health insurance (i.e. the Fund can be used to help pay a deductible).
- Live and work in Santa Fe County at the time of the medical emergency.
- Submitted application and proof of meeting criteria to the Community Foundation review board (subject to change).
- Grants are given primarily for medical emergencies. Grants in support of requests pertaining to longer-term illnesses will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- When the spendable fund balance is $10k or below, grants will be capped at $2500 per individual per year. This cap can be raised when the fund balance is higher, subject to approval on a case-by-case basis by Santa Fe Community Foundation.